Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blueberry-Raspberry Pound Cake

Good Afternoon!

I just started A Homemade Life and I am hooked! In reading the first 20 pages I have already been inspired to cook. That is why I am going to bake Molly Wizenberg's mother's Blueberry-Raspberry Pound Cake.

I am declaring to you right now that I will make it this weekend. I will even take pictures! Come Monday morning you will discover how it turned out. By making this declaration to you I feel it will motivate me to make it. Also, baking this recipe, taking pictures, and blogging about my experience is very much in the same spirit in which Wizenberg's blog, Organette, was created for.

Wizenberg states why Organette is so important to her: "I got a place to tell my stories and a crowd of people who, much to my surprise, seemed eager to listen and share" (5). With that in mind, I would love to create that same type of space here for our book club. With that said, who would like to join me on this endeavor? By baking at the same time this weekend we in a way will be cosmically linked :)

The recipe is on page 20 of A Home Made Life so break out the sugar, flour, and massive amounts of butter and make a declaration to bake with me! :)


Also, it's BBQ season! Stay tuned later this week for my BBQ edition of recommended books.


2 comments:

  1. Goodluck Lindsay! Can't wait to see the outcome on Monday! =)
    -Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gabby! You're the best. Maybe I will bring you a slice of the end product :)

    ReplyDelete