Monday, March 21, 2011

Confessions About Eating Alone

Good Morning Everyone!

This is going to be a good week because we are meeting! I hope you all enjoyed What We Eat When We Eat Alone. The true irony of this title dawned on me as I was discussing what to demo with Doug. We are reading a book about eating alone yet doing a cooking demo for a big group of people...hehe I love it!

Ok, on to the good part! Doug will be doing a demonstration on bread making, specifically Challah bread. Challah is a traditional bread used for Jewish Sabbath and holiday celebrations. It is rich with eggs and favored with honey. There are to ways in which Challah can be presented: in braid form or shaped like a turban. Doug will be demonstrating both styles. Also, on top of Challah will be Welish Rare Bit, which is a cheese based sauce with beer and mustard. Can you say yum! This meal is perfect for a stormy Pacific Northwest day spent by yourself.

I am looking forward to seeing, and eating, with you all! Also, I think it would be fun to share (or confess) the weird and quirky meals we eat when we are alone. So come prepared to share!
Please let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment