Monday, January 10, 2011

Lindsay's Version of Golden Eggs


Happy Monday!

While most of the Pacific Northwest was glued to the television watching the Seahawks game, I was happily avoiding all the yelling and screaming. Instead of wearing blue and green colors, I instead was covered in flour, batter, and sugar :) I tried my hand at making Gesine's Golden Eggs from her book My Life from Scratch (Page 12). They turned out to be as delicious and yummy as she describes. I would highly recommend this recipe. It is simple, no special ingredients required, and produces a delicious end product that will leave everyone exclaiming, "what is this!"

For this occasion I bought a mini cupcake mold so a few of them are smaller and pleasantly bite sized. After two or three batches of the mini cupcakes I realized I could be at this all afternoon, so I also made some in a muffin mold. Both are equally delicious, although I personally prefer mini cupcake size.

2 comments:

  1. These look wonderful. Do they really taste like donuts? I'm thinking about trying the flourless chocolate cake recipe in the book, since it's gluten-free. If I do, I'll take pictures of the process and send them to you :)
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they taste like donuts. Gesine saying they do in her book is actually what drew me to this recipe. Let me know how the cake turns out :) Very exciting

    ReplyDelete