Monday, February 27, 2012

February Demo

Hello Everyone,

I'm sitting in my office looking out at this gorgeous day, and hoping that the rain and snow stay away for awhile (at least until after our meeting). I hope all of you have the opportunity to go out and enjoy today a little bit.

This Wednesday will be a busy meeting for us. I've chosen a decent list of books for us all to choose from. We'll conduct it very similarly to what we did before. I'll have everyone vote for their top three choices, and then based on the highest voted titles, make the selections for the next several months.

I'm very excited for Doug's demonstration as well. Using Mexican chocolate, he will be making pot de creme, which is basically a baked custard. In case you haven't made or had them before, I assure you, they are delicious. While definitely not your traditional Mexican fair, I think the cinnamon in the Mexican chocolate and the subtle heat of cayenne pepper will maintain the essence of the food Tita made in Like Water for Chocolate.

Remember that March's book is Four Fish by Paul Greenberg. We have copies in store if you want to buy them Wednesday.

I hope that everyone can make it, and has enjoyed reading about the tumultuous love of Tita and Pedro.

Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment