Monday, January 23, 2012

A Life in Provence Demo Announcement

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone made it through last week's storm alright. Thankfully it didn't interrupt this week's meeting.

I personally loved A Year in Provence. It was funny, quirky, and despite the fact that Provence is notoriously expensive, Peter Mayle made me think that maybe, just maybe, someday I'll be able to live and eat decadently in the Provencial countryside. Of course, my American impatience makes their particular lifestyle hard to imagine. But I think if I get to eat delicious food and drink wine all day, I just might be able to stand it.


Because I can't imagine that all of you are all that interested in my day dreams, I'll get on with the point of this post: announcing what Doug will be making. As I'm sure all of you at least know after reading Mayle's book, the French are all about rich, interesting, delicious flavors. They are also about bread, in all its carby-goodness. So, for this meeting, Doug will be making duck rillettes, which are duck confit, shredded and seasoned as a topping for bread. I'm not entirely sure what this seasoning process is, but I am sure Doug will go over that on Wednesday.



I hope to see everyone this Wednesday at 6:30PM and hear what everyone thought about the book.

~ Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment